Blueberry Baby Cakes June 7, 2006Posted by thelazychef in Muffins, Cupcakes and Scones.
The sound of it just sounds so cute doesn't it?
Okok, they are just cupcakes with a cuter name… Hehehehe…
I got this recipe from Gina from KC…Her version was made of cranberries but I had a pack of dried blueberries and decided to have a blueberry one instead…
This recipe uses a tub of natural yogurt, making it moist and soft.
Once again, I cut the sugar down cos my mum doesn't like cakes to be too sweet…
Overall, I like the texture… it was fluffy and had a nice crust when it was eaten warm. (I baked it yesterday night… I just had one for breakfast this morn… the crust is no longer there but the smell of the muffin is sweeter and more fragrant!)
The sweetness complemented the slight sourness of the blueberries. So overall, it was a good recipe. Would definately try the cranberry version soon… 🙂
Makes 24 baby cakes
200g castor sugar(I reduced this to 180g)
200g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
100g dried blueberries
200ml plain white yoghurt
1 tsp vanilla essence
What to do!
1. In a small bowl, add yoghurt and blueberries to mix together.
2. Let it stand for 30 mins(room temperature).
3. In a cake mixer bowl, add butter and sugar to beat till creamy.
4. Add eggs, 1 at a time to mix.
5. Add vanilla essence to mix.
6. Turn off cake mixer.
7. Add blueberry yoghurt mixture and mix with a spoon till evenly mixed.
8. Fold in sifted flour/baking powder till well blended.
9. Put paper cups into muffin tray.
10. Spoon mix into each cup.
11. Baked in preheated oven 180C for 20 mins till golden brown.
12. Serve warm.