Yogurt Marble Cupcakes March 20, 2008Posted by thelazychef in Muffins, Cupcakes and Scones.
Yogurt Marble Cake
85g unsalted butter, cut into pieces 170g sugar (original recipe uses 200g)
2 tsps vanilla extract
Ingredients (B) –
whisk together till smooth
2 tsp instant coffee granules
37g unsweetened cocoa powder
60 ml water
Ingredients (D) –
sift together 225g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp plus 1/8 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
240 ml unsweetened nonfat yogurt
1) Preheat oven to 180C.Grease a 21 cm tube pan.
2) Cream butter and sugar in (A) till light and creamy. Beat in vanilla. Dribble in (C) slowly, about 1 tbsp at a time, beating constantly for about 2 mins*
3) On LOW speed, beat in 1/3 of (D). Mix until just combined. Beat in ½ the yogurt. Beat in 1/2 of the remaining flour mixture, followed by the rest of the yogurt. Lastly, beat in the rest of the flour. Take care not to overmix.
4) Measure out about half of the batter and fold in (B). Set aside.
5) Alternate large spoonfuls of the white and chocolate batters into the pan.
6)Use a table knife to marble the batters together in a zig-zag or circular motion, taking care not to blend them too much.
7) Bake for 45 to 50 mins till skewer inserted comes out clean. 8)Cool in pan for 10 mins. Unmold and cool completely.
* if mixture curdles after adding in eggs, try adding in 2 tbsps of the flour mixture and beat on LOW. Mixture should look smoother, continue adding flour and yogurt.