Peanut Cookies February 20, 2007Posted by thelazychef in Cookies.
This recipe is fantastic. Really it is! Haha.. But, I’m so sorry to have posted this so late, else many of you could have made this for the CNY!
An additional bonus? Its SUPER SUPER easy to make! Haha… It’s literally lazychef-approved! Cos its just dump all into one bowl, mix, shape and bake! I like!
I first saw this recipe on Florence’s blog but I tweaked it a bit so as to add more peanuts(Since Daddy loves peanuts! In fact, he loved this peanut cookie so much, I had to make an additional portion!).
If you want this to be very authentic peanut cookies, I’d suggest that you use peanut oil. But I wanted to make it more ‘healthy’, so I used corn oil instead. 🙂
250g ground peanut powder
200g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
110g icing sugar
1/4 tsp salt
140g corn oil
1 egg yolk lightly beaten with 1 tsp water
1. Mix ground peanut powder, plain flour, baking powder, icing sugar and salt in a big mixing bowl till well combined.
3. Pour in oil slowly and mix till a piable dough is formed. You might need a little more than the stated amount if the dough is too dry.
4. Shape into small bite-size pieces. I used a bottle cap and cling film to get a consistant shape.
5. Place about 2cm apart on lined baking sheet. Apply egg wash.
6. Bake at 170C for 18-22 minutes or till golden brown(depending on oven).
1. Use icing sugar instead of castor sugar to get a finer textured cookie.
2. If you add too much oil, the cookie would be very crumbly.
3. You may get the ground peanut powder from baking shops(like Phoon Huat in Singapore.) However, if you’re keen on getting the best cookies, I’d recommend that you roast about 250grams of peanuts and grind them into powder. But yes, the easy way out is to buy pre-ground peanut powder. Works just as well.
*edit: Pour in the oil a bit at a time until you have reached the right consistancy. This is to ensure that you do not put in too much oil, or else, the baked product would be very crumbly!*
(PS: Sorry for the boring collage. Will try and make nicer collages the next time around. I have a couple more stuff to post! So, stay tuned!)